Friday, July 30, 2010

Thank You Martha

Hydrangeas

I was having a senior moment for a couple of years trying to remember the trick to keeping hydrangeas from drooping shortly after bringing them indoors.  I'm not sure what jogged those gray cells back into action but it was Martha Stewart who said to be sure to strip all of the leaves off of the stem to ensure perky flowers if not forever, at least for a long time.

Once again, this arrangement (if you can call it that, it's much to easy to say I actually "arranged" anything) is just one hydrangea blossom that I found blooming in an impossible corner of the garden where absolutely nobody was going to enjoy it.  Now I am enjoying it in my kitchen.  Along came some extra oregano that I had picked for a recipe to accompany the lonely bloom.

Which reminds me...I know I've said it before but I'll say it again...I never toss out the extra herbs I've picked, and I do tend to over-pick.  Instead, I stick them in a skinny vase of some sort to enjoy either for their beauty and grace, or their flavor.

No comments :

Post a Comment