Friday, April 30, 2010

Pack a Punch of Color

I was desperate for a quick punch of color but had spent my flower budget for the week...er, month.  Looking out the back door I spied my geraniums going nuts and swooped down on them.

Here's the thing about geraniums.  They will disappoint unless you select stems that are really newly opened (no petal-shed starting) and not just opening because they probably won't fully open.  Also, they've got skinny legs and big heads so you'll pobably need a frog or foam or some other way to control them or they'll topple over from their voluptuousness. 

I like to include some of those wonderful leaves cut with a hunk of "trunk."  Who knows?  They might just send out roots and then you'll have more geraniums.  Who wouldn't want more geraniums?

P.S.  New lurking cat likes to sip the water out of this container.  Good thing geraniums aren't dangerous.

No comments :

Post a Comment